Welcome to the Earth Day Blog Hop, if you’ve fallen off the bus just click on the picture above and you can get back on. Also if you are jumping on the tour midway if you click on the picture you can start at the beginning.
For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Lauren Fraser and I write contemporary romance. I admit my books tend to be on the steamy side. *grin* One lucky commenter will win a copy of their choice of a book from my backlist so feel free to cruise on over to the bookshelf and see what’s available. Oh and be sure to comment on the blog post since that’s the way to enter. *grin*
Okay so I had good intentions for this blog post, honest I did, but when I started thinking of things to post that were environmentally conscious my mind did the normal thing and started thinking green. Well that’s when the wheels fell off the bus. Green made me think Green Lantern which of course made me think Ryan Reynolds and once I was thinking about him there was no turning back. So instead of my full-out environmentally conscious blog post that I had intended, yep you guessed it you’re getting some eye candy instead. Oops. But at least I’m keeping a green theme in my pics. LOL
What? He was green lantern after all.
See, I told you I kept the theme green. LOL
All right, I managed to get the wheels back on, so here are 10 tips to make your home more Green.
1. Wash clothes in cold water
2. Use a clothesline and hang your clothes to dry.
3. Turn off lights when you are not in the room.
4. Program your thermostat to decrease the temperature at night when you are sleeping.
5. Bring your own reusable bags to the store to use rather than getting more plastic bags.
6. Use green cleaners to clean your home. There are loads of great non-toxic options; vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice or look for green alternatives in the store that use natural ingredients rather than harsh chemicals.
7. Clean and replace filters. Your furnace, vacuum, dryer etc all have to work considerably harder when the filter is dirty than when it’s clean. So a clean filter means less energy consumed.
8. Only run full loads with your dishwasher or laundry to save not only energy but water consumption as well.
9. Recycle, reduce, reuse.
10. And of course save a tree and read ebooks instead. *grin*
So what is your best tip for making your home more energy efficient? Or what do you do to help keep the earth a little greener?